Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Capture dialog ringbuffer behaviour

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:27:26 -0800
On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 10:48:31PM +0100, Olivier Biot wrote:
> I like the proposed "application console window" approach. This way we
> could get rid of the real console in Windows

...and, for those who launch Ethereal from the GUI in UNIX+X desktop
environments, get the output in a window.  (Under Mac OS X, it'll
*probably* get written to the standard output, which I think is the
"console.log" file you get as the default file in the Console
application - but that contains the standard output spewage of a lot of
applications, frameworks, etc., so Ethereal's spewage might get lost.)