Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Checked in statistics menu, 3rd proposal

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:45:16 +1100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Schorr"
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 7:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Checked in statistics menu, 3rd proposal

> I'd strongly disagree with IO stat being renamed "Throughput" since
"throughput" is only one of quite a few statistics that can be extracted
from it.

> I'm not sure that I have a better name for it, though.  "IO Stats" seems
very accurate to me, though perhaps unintuitive (it seems fine to me, but
perhaps that's because I'm familiar with the tool)?

> Ian

Maybe we should call it "LOAD (and other graphs)" :-)

I have to agree.   Throughput is really the wrong word.

Many people daily use this feature to plot how LOAD changes over time.
Many people use it daily to plot how MIN/MAX/AVG service response times
changes over time

Nothing at all to do with throughput.