Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] fixes for nsis-installer script andmakefile

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:23:55 +0100
From: "Guy Harris"

| On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 06:31:18PM +0100, Olivier Biot wrote:
| > My thought is that the global settings on Win2000/XP/2003 should
be
| > available in the "Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data"
| > directory,
|
| The global settings are already available in the installation
directory
| for Ethereal (not the "All Users" application data directory); are
you
| saying this should be changed?

I'm not saying that it is a MUST requirement; however I see on my PC
running WinXP Home that Adobe Reader, Quicktime, Symantec, MSN
Messenger 6 are applications with configuration data in the "Documents
and Settings/All Users/Application Data" directory. I see this more as
a cosmetic thing to "fix", but I do not know the *exact* rules
stipulated by Microsoft (except from the "put all in registry").

Regards,

Olivier