Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Makefile.nmake missing target: doc?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:13:54 +0100
Ian Schorr wrote:

Guy Harris wrote:

On Dec 8, 2003, at 7:14 AM, Ulf Lamping wrote:

Is there a reason, that the Makefile.nmake doesn't have a doc target?

I don't know of a reason, so I added a "doc" target.

Hmmm...  Ever since this my nmake fails.
I've never quite figured out a good way to get pod2text or pod2man to execute when using MSVC+cygwin perl, and don't really care about building the docs anyway. I imagine a lot of people who never bothered to get this working will have the same problem.

Does anyone have any advice/suggestions on getting pod2text/pod2man/other perl scripts to execute during nmake? I'll be happy to write up an addition to the README.win32.

Well, I'm doing exactly this for quite a while :-)

Win cmd.exe has no idea, how the perl script should be started.

Solution: Start the cygwin bash and call the perl script within.

Just have a try, replace the following two lines in the config.nmake:

POD2MAN=$(SH) pod2man
POD2HTML=$(SH) pod2html

This works fine for me for quite a while, but I didn't thought of checking this in.

Could you check this out, and send a response, if it worked for you?

Regards, ULFL