Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Makefile.nmake missing target: doc?

From: Ian Schorr <spamcontrol2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:49:50 -0500
Guy Harris wrote:

On Dec 8, 2003, at 7:14 AM, Ulf Lamping wrote:

Is there a reason, that the Makefile.nmake doesn't have a doc target?

I don't know of a reason, so I added a "doc" target.

Hmmm... Ever since this my nmake fails. I've never quite figured out a good way to get pod2text or pod2man to execute when using MSVC+cygwin perl, and don't really care about building the docs anyway. I imagine a lot of people who never bothered to get this working will have the same problem.

Does anyone have any advice/suggestions on getting pod2text/pod2man/other perl scripts to execute during nmake? I'll be happy to write up an addition to the README.win32.

Since I generally don't care about building the docs... Is there a method to build Ethereal *without* the docs, besides editing the nmake files or running each of the other nmake targets individually?

If getting things to work properly is particularly difficult, would it make sense to move doc out of "all:"?

Ian