Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Makefile.nmake missing target: doc?

From: Ian Schorr <spamcontrol2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:44:10 -0500
Ulf Lamping wrote:

Solution: Start the cygwin bash and call the perl script within.

Ulf,

Works great.

I'd been down this path a while ago, for some reason I remember having some bizarre problem getting nmake to work properly when I launched it from within cygwin bash... At the moment I'm having absolutely no problems, and I can't imagine what was going wrong before.

In any case, this is fine. Though adding the "doc" section in the makefile really changes things, and the README.win32 should be updated.

I got the feeling that the doc files were only intended to have been build independently or when building the nsis package. However, it makes sense to generate them when building the ethereal.exe if Guy's suggestion is implemented...

Ian