Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] OS X 10.3.9

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:21:01 -0700
Servando Garcia wrote:
Now I am getting some where. here is the error I get when I try to run ethereal in a terminal
-bash: ethereal: command not found.

What happens when you try to run Tethereal?

And how did you install Ethereal?

I was not aware of the need to change the Display environment variable. I also have no idea how to change this value.

	DISPLAY=:0.0; export DISPLAY

if you're using a Bourne-compatible shell; from the "-bash" error, you're using the Bourne-again shell, which is Bourne-shell-compatible.