Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Help with anlysing SETI upload capture

From: "Hans Carlsson" <haca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:55:42 +0100
>> Hello!
>>
>> Can I have some help with analysing a capture of mine? I'm rather
sure
>> this isn't the forum for this kind of questions so just flame
>> me for it
>> (or rather not, please). But somebody might know where I shoud turn,
>> then?
>>
>> If there is somebody out there to pin down why my computers uploading
>> resluts to SETI don't work, I would be more than happy!
>>
>> My email is haca"AlfaWithRingAround"intellicom.se or
>> hans.ca"AlfaWithRingAround"minpost.nu
>
>It'd be far easier if you simply post the trace, or a link to it, and
then
>whoever is interested can have a look at it and offer advice. I can try
to do it
>if you send it.
>
>> Do also please look at my questions on SETI at
>> http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/bb/bb2/bboard.cgi?action=v
>> iewthread&
>> num=6424
>
>I hope you don't really expect someone to go through a 15-something
posts thread
>to try and find out what you already did. What about summarizing it a
bit?

>Regards,
>  Francisco

No, ok. I'll try and summerize it a bit: I have tried just about
everything.

I've turned off firewalls. I have new antivirus program running. I've
tried BOINC instead. I've ran the XP_FIX.exe. Still no luck.  Torrents
work, (normal) web browsing work but I can't upload pictures to
photolabs or run windows update, and yes I've read the postings (on MS)
about problems with this.

I have two computers one running, one with SP2 and one without.
My next step is to bring a laptop from work to my home and try and send
a work unit from there. If the laptop can connect, both my home
computers may need a reinstall or something. Maybe I can bring a home
computer to work and see it it can send there. Then I have an ISP
problem.

Anybody who would like to look at the TCP/IP log?

Then mail me, please. haca"AlfaWithRingAround"intellicom.se

   Hans