Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] installing on Fedora 3

From: "Jahagirdar VS" <l39igrb02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:33:17 +0530
On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 05:48:42PM -0500, ebay2-at-readynote.com |ethereal| wrote:
> ++TyTyTy (Thank you thank you in advance).
>
> Which packages should I get to get ethereal working??
Depends on what do you want to use it for.

If it is to view precaptured traces then ethereal should suffice.

If it is to capture packets then everything that is required to enable
the capture device and put it into monitor mode.

> I have:
> Fedora 3
> 2.6.9-1.667 kernel
> /usr/lib/libpcap.so.0.8.3

I have installed Ethereal on FC2 for capturing wlan packets.
I found compiling Ethereal and wifi drivers from source to be easier
than downloading and installing the rpm's
Regards
Jahagirdar Vijayvithal S