Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] IO Graphs - Advanced Y axis unit option - load(*)

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:19:58 +1100
No LOAD will not do that.

LOAD takes as parameter a relative time field and will calculate the
queue-depth for those commands.

LOAD is intended to take a relative time field, such as the  response
time fields present in many of the protocols that can match requests
with responses (NFS/ iSCSI/ SMB/ ...)

Then LOAD will calculate the average queue depth for that protocol and
plot it over time.

You can then monitor the relationship between a client and a server by
studying how the queue-depth changes over time.

A command spanning the entire tick interval is displayed as 1000 (to
be able to use integer arithmetics and still have reasonalbe accuracy)

If a command spanned on average 50% of the tick itnerval it will be
displayed as 500

If there were three commands in parrallell that spanned the entire
interval it will be displayed as 3000.