Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Etheral on XP not showing interfaces anymore

From: Bob Alexander <pollo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:51:08 +0100
I had Ethereal working perfectly on my XP Thinkpad for many many months.

My network adapter (Intel PRO/1000 M) was perfectly supported.

I have always used the program with a user belonging to the admin group.

Now for reasons I cannot understand Ethereal does not show ANY interface on which I can capture.

Tried deinstalling/reinstalling both WinPCap and Ethereal but nothing changed.

Ethereal works perfectly on the same box under Linux and also works perfectly on another similar box I own under XP.

I am really totally lost .... any ideas ???

Thank you very much. Bob Alexander