Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] MLDv2

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:59:14 +0200
On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 02:22:42PM +0200, Christian wrote:
> It is possible to see MLDv2 captures with ethereal?

Ethereal captures the packets. If MLDv2 is based on icmpv6, then the generic
icmpv6 part will be decoded, but nothing else.

> If yes, where can I get a Patch for Ethereal?

There is no patch. If I understand things correctly, MLDv2 is the equivalent
of igmpv3 for ipv6. If so: How similar are these two? Would it be possible
to reuse the existing igmpv3 code?  How much do the draft revisions change
between editions?

  Ciao
        Jörg