Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal Version 8.16 Running on Win98 - Saving Colorized Displ

From: "Neil HOLLINGUM" <jw96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:09:32 -0000
Hi

I have been running Ethereal for a short time and with the addition of the "Decode As" option to set the user defined decoding it has become very useful to show RTP and RTCP. Indeed it has become a very powerful tool for me.  However there is one repeated problem.

When I try to save the colorized display settings by clicking the "save" button on the colorize display window, I get the error window
"Could not open filter file. No such file or directory". Clicking OK reveals the error "Could not open C:/.ethereal/colorfilters for writing. No such file or directory".

However Windows 98 will not allow the creation of a directory starting with a full stop even if I try to create one and I would have expected the file to be called "C:\Ethereal\Colorfilters" not "C:/.ethereal/colorfilters".  Is there some way to chance the path to this file?

Best Regards

Neil Hollingum