Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal problem

From: "Visser, Martin (SNO)" <Martin.Visser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:34:28 +0800
Quite often Ethereal seems to hang while trying to resolve the IP addresses
captured to DNS names, which happens synchronously and can be quite slow.
Try turning off "Enable Name Resolution" from the capture dialog.

Martin Visser
Technology Consultant - Compaq Global Services

Compaq Computer Australia
410 Concord Road
Rhodes, Sydney NSW 2138
Australia