Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: rev 17527: /trunk/plugins/profinet/: packet-pn-dcp.c

From: "Lars Roland" <Lars.Roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 00:59:44 +0100
Am 10.03.2006, 22:42 Uhr, schrieb Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>:

Lars Roland wrote:
This patch is probably better.
It makes the while loop even more robust and if pdu boundaries are exceeded, an exception is thrown.
I've checked in a fix for this.

The length parameter seems to be no longer required (left over from debugging?) at the suboptions so I removed it. While looking at the code I've done some other (minor) code cleanup.

I've also added a check to the while loop to prevent an infinite loop and checked it all against some traces.

Anyway, thanks for having a look at the code. You may have a look at my changes in case I've added new bugs :-)

Looks good and more efficient than my patch. :)
Did you add emem.h to prepare ememification of the plugin?
There are two g_malloc calls left in the dissector.

I changed the status of coverity issues 123 - 126 to "resolved".
(One issue for each affected function)

Best regards,
Lars