Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] 0.10.3 release later this week?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 21:57:44 -0500
Ulf Lamping wrote:
> Lars Roland wrote:
>
>> Just to make it clear. The Windows installer (created by an NSIS
>> script) can contain both GTK1 and GTK2 version of ethereal. The user
>> can choose during installation between these versions. Currently the
>> GTK1 version is default.
>>
>> Current questions regarding the nsis-installer are:
>> 1) make GTK2 default or not?
>

> Make GTK2 the default, but include both versions
>
>> 2) GTK2-Wimp installed by default or not?
>

> As someone reported font problems with WinNT 4, it might be better to
> currently not make it the default. We will have to change the NSIS
> script, so it will detect which win version it is installing "into".

I just updated the NSIS script to make GTK2 the default.  I had trouble
making GTK-Wimp available only in the GTK2 install _and_ disabled by
default.  Adding "/o" to the GTK-Wimp section header should have done
this according to the NSIS docs.  Instead it made the installer act
strangely.

As a workaround I ended up removing GTK-Wimp's "SectionIn" definition.
It's now available in both GTK1 and GTK2 installs, but disabled by
default.