Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to ethereal.nsi ( Windows installer ) wi th patch this

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:32:48 +0100
Anders Broman (AL/EAB) wrote:

Hi,
I agree that the info in that file isn't what one would expect in a readme file
displayed at installation. But as it says "; show readme doesn't seem to work even with NSIS 2.0rc3" in the file I wanted to show what I did to get it to work. Then we can add a file with more apropriate information if we want.
Best regards
Anders
Ps
I checed the example at :
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/archive/nsisweb.php?page=92&instances=0,48

Well, I tried this, and it doesn't work on my machine :-(

I'm using NSIS 2.0 "final release" to compile the script. It shows no problem while compiling. When I use the generated installer, it shows the last page with the checkbox for the readme file. But regardless if checked or not, it simply doesn't show the README.win32 content, it just does nothing.

Did you really checked, if it work on your machine?

The removing of the gtkrc file is wrong, as it's not installed at "$INSTDIR\gtkrc". It's installed at "share\themes\Default\gtk-2.0\gtkrc" and it's also uninstalled from that place correctly.
The file might be left over from a previous experiment on your computer?!

Regards, ULFL