Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Bug in Interface Options dialog

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:06:03 +0100
|From: Ulf Lamping
|
|Ethereal development <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am
|24.02.04 10:43:10:
|>
|> BTW it also applies to the official Windows 0.10.2 build
|whenever you have
|> more than one capture device. I have WinPCap 3.1 installed.
|>

|I have two network cards, and I don't see this bug.
|Maybe that's a bug of your WinPCap version? The 3.1 is still
|considered beta.
|
|I'm using WinPCap version 3.0 and it seems to be working fine!

However adding a name to an interface is an Ethereal thing, so this should
be independent from the WinPCap stuff. I think it has to do with some memory
access error in parts of a maybe uninitialized string somewhere in the
capture settings code. Maybe the GTK+ callback returns only parts of the
data, or an incorrect member of a struct containing the interface
description and its assigned name. Maybe one of the members is not
initialized?

Regards,

Olivier