Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] FT_INT64 and Bitmasks

From: "Dr. Uwe Girlich" <Uwe.Girlich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:52:20 +0100
Hello!

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 12:37:10PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
> Is that the MIPS-based platform where the native compiler doesn't support
> 64-bit integral data types at all?
ReliantUNIX 5.43 is MIPS 32 bits only but 5.44 and 5.45 (the current and last
(there will never be a follow-up)) are MIPS 64 bits with support for %ll.

> If so, is it OK if we require 64-bit
> integral data type support in Ethereal, or should we fix up the places
> where we currently use it?
I use GCC for compiling on all systems, thus there is a 64 bit data type
available even on ReliantUNIX 5.43 and also SINIX-Z (really old Siemens UNIX
for i386).

>     2) use our own routine to format 64-bit integers into strings, and use
> that to generate output rather than using %ll/%q/%L/etc.
That would be nice. I just looked up the source for such a decimal formatter,
which is really easy (if there is a 64 bit data type available).

Bye, Uwe