Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] FT_INT64 and Bitmasks

From: "Dr. Uwe Girlich" <Uwe.Girlich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:45:32 +0100
Hello!

> We can get rid of the 64-bit integer printf format specifier issues by
> defining macros for signed and unsigned 64-bit integers, and maybe also for
> the cases where we specify extra format specifiers. E.g.:
>
> #if defined(__GNUC__)
> #define FMT_UINT64 "%llu"
> #define FMT_UINT64_prefix(x) "%" ## x ## "llu"
> #define FMT_INT64 "%lld"
> #define FMT_INT64_prefix(x) "%" ## x ## "lld"
> #endif
Good idea but:

This assumes just because we use the gcc for compiling our C library must have
support for %ll. I use gcc for compiling but the native linker for linking
(GNU binutils cannot create correct shared libraries) and a propriatary C
library without %ll support (OS is SINIX/ReliantUNIX).

Bye, Uwe