Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] nsis installer update

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:49:14 -0600
Lars Roland wrote:

Hello again,

I have attached an updated patch.

I have created a new target in the main makefile for win32: "seperate_packaging". This will build a seperate installer for the GTK1 and GTK2 version of ethereal if both GTK1_DIR and GTK2_DIR are defined in config.nmake. The target "packaging" will build the combined installer.

If only GTK1_DIR or GTK2_DIR is defined in config.nmake (e.g. when you have only one GTK version available on your system), both targets will build the corresponding seperate installer.

Please check in.

Done.

Don't forget to build the release without the debug linker flag in config.nmake. This will reduce the size of the binaries a lot.

It's too bad we can't create a separate archive containing .PDBs for debugging. This doesn't look easy according to the thread at

    http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200112/msg00115.html