Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Next release

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:07:47 -0600
John McDermott wrote:

I agree with the idea GTK2. My question is this: I already have three copies of the GTK2 libraries for various programs. Will I need yet another copy or will we be able to share?

The plan is to ship with GTK2, as we currently do with GTK1. I suppose we could use an external GTK2 package instead, such as the one Dropline Systems puts out (http://www.dropline.net/gtk/). This might complicate things a bit, since some people might prefer an all-in-one installer.