Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Next release

From: John McDermott <jjm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:55:22 -0700

I agree with the idea GTK2. My question is this: I already have three copies of the GTK2 libraries for various programs. Will I need yet another copy or will we be able to share?

--john

Greg Morris wrote:
Sorry, resending as text instead of HTML. (Darn HTML)

My preference would be GTK2 for Windows. Ditch the older GTK1 build
from the website.
The performance is fine and the GUI is much nicer. The only reason we need to support GTK1 is for developers on Windows so
that they can test for compatibility.
I would also like to see that the new modern NSIS installer be used as
well. I have been building with this for several months and have not had
a single complaint from my users.
Greg

gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx 2/17/2004 2:11:18 PM >>>

I'm going to try to release 0.10.1 in the next day or so.  As far as
the
Windows installer goes, should we have separate GTK1 and GTK2
installers, use Lars Roland's patch to create a combined installer, or
ditch GTK1 and switch completely to GTK2?

--
John McDermott
Writer, Educator, Consultant