Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] merging nsis installer for GTK1 and GTK2

From: Lars Roland <Lars.Roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:00:16 +0100
Hello all,

I have attached an updated patch for merging nsis the installers of ethereal's GTK1 and GTK2 version into one installer.

I don't see any reason to reject this patch as the size of this installer can be reduced to less than 9 MB by building ethereal without the "DEBUG" linker flag. This is probably an acceptable size for an official release. The installer of the last release has already a size of 13 MB.

So please check in.

There should be a note in config.nmake and probably in a readme file that removing the "/DEBUG" flag in LOCAL_LDFLAGS in config.nmake reduces the size of the binaries and the installer a lot.

Best regards,

Lars Roland