Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] alert_box.c: win32 linking problems und suggestions

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:40:21 +0100
Guy Harris wrote:

On Feb 11, 2004, at 9:58 AM, Ulf Lamping wrote:

I was just confused, when setting a breakpoint at the alert_box.c function, try to open a nonexistent file, and got an alert dialog box, but not from the alert_box.c

That's odd - I set a breakpoint in "open_failure_alert_box()" and ran Ethereal with "-r" and the pathname of a non-existent file, and the breakpoint was hit; it was hit again when I used File->Open (well, the toolbar "Open" button, really) and gave it a non-existent file's name.

Sorry, I didn't meant nonexistent, but an existent file which wasn't a valid capture file (.c).

Regards, ULFL