Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Info-column in PDML

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 23:02:00 -0000
On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 15:33, Martin Regner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wouldn't it be good to have the Info-column information in the PDML file
> also?
> That is actually the one main thing I'm missing in the PDML output, I think.
>
> Maybe an optional field "summaryinfo" in the geninfo proto part or a
> "frame.summaryinfo" in the frame proto part.
> What do you think is best?

What's needed is the ability to print packet data in PSML instead of
PDML. PDML shows the packet details. PSML shows the packet summaries,
which should include the Info column.

The format of PSML is not on the Analyzer web site, but it is a very
simple format.

Next question --- when is PSML in tethereal going to happen? I have no
idea.

--gilbert