Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] How to compile and set up the environment for ethereal on

From: David Frascone <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:20:05 -0600
That directory does not have source, just binary distributions.

To install a binary, uncompress it, and then us pkgadd:

To install a binary, uncompress it, and then us pkgadd:

# gzip -d gtk+-1.2.8-solaris2.5.1-sparc-local.gz
# pkgadd gtk+-1.2.8-solaris2.5.1-sparc-local

BUT - Those packages are VERY old.  I'd suggest getting newer versions
of glib and gtk from http://www.sunfreeware.com, and then building
the source.

**** I just looked, and sunfreeware has version 0.8.12 of ethereal.
**** So, don't use the packages from the ethereal.com page at all!

If you want source, you can get it from the normal source locations.

-Dave