Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Future of Wireshark's Debian packaging scripts in the main r

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 14:12:06 +0100
Hi Joao,

Le mer. 22 nov. 2023 à 14:01, João Valverde <j@xxxxxx> a écrit :
You are free to participate in the discussion or not. But I really don't care to wait for the new committee that is pretty much exactly the same as the old committee, as far as I can tell.

Anyway silence is another Wireshark project classic. At least you tried to bring something to the debate, so thank you for that, at least.

It seems like the discussion is shifting away from the initial goal. I don't think aggression/criticism/sarcasm brings anything to the debate, so I would prefer to keep a constructive exchange between whoever feels involved in the subject. I personally have never used the Debian scripts, but I did not consider updating the symbols list as being a really time consuming task (and I did it numerous times in the past), so I do not have an opinion on whether the current status quo is good or bad.
Balint's initial email was to collect some feedback regarding whether the scripts are being used or not. Anders provided the first feedback, let's see if others do (with the hope that they are monitoring this list...).

Best regards,
Pascal.