Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Problems building a GIOP plugin

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:27:42 +0100
"W. Borgert" <debacle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 28/10/2005 17:05:13:
> Quoting Andy.Ling@xxxxxxxxxxx:
> > First I get code generated by omniidl that looks like :-
> >
> >             if (u_octet4_loop_RawData > 0 and tree) {
>
> Yes, this is a "confused Python with C" error in ethereal_gen.py:2103.
> Sorry. Could please one of the people with svn write access fix it?

OK I've found that and fixed it in my copy.

> > The "and" in this causes a syntax error. Adding "#define and &&" to my
> > .c file fixes this, but then I get a link error :-
> >
> > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _make_printable_string
>
> Hm, this function was "always there", but I had to declare it
> "extern" in packet-giop.h. The function itself is in packet-giop.c.

I've also found the problem here. One bit of information I forgot
to mention is I'm compiling under windows. This function is new
and needs adding to libethereal.def to make it available in the
libethereal DLL.

So echoing your comment above - can someone with svn write access
fix this also

Andy Ling