Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Help Analysing Transaction

From: Jack Jackson <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:07:26 -0700
At 12:34 PM 10/25/2005, Guy Harris wrote:
Matt Smith wrote:
The client is running Windows XP, and the server is running Windows 2003 Enterprise Server.

Bizarre. You might want to ask Microsoft support the questions I mentioned about data in a FIN segment - ask them whether W2K3 can generate it and whether XP can handle it.

I believe that the original report said that the destination for the packet in question was a router. If the router is looking at the TCP session (for example if it is performing NAT) the problem might be with the router (or some other router between the server and workstation) instead of the real destination device.