Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] (no subject)

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 19:30:49 +0200
Mark Buisseret wrote:

Having used ethereal to determine why a PC kept waking from standby, I came across traffic from a weird site. Its IP is *67.19.244.16 *which resolves to http://there-is-no-messiah-for-israel.com/sitemap.php Anyone got any ideas about what its all about? I am not aware I have ever visited the site, and have checked for viruses and spyware.

First of all, an IP address resolves to a hostname, not an URL: 67.19.244.16 -> there-is-no-messiah-for-israel.com

As you didn't supplied the traffic and even basic information e.g. which kind of traffic and which side initiates it, it's difficult to be certain about the cause.

However, as you obviously didn't initiate the traffic and the system won't do that too, I would guess this is a kind of virus / spyware or something like that.

Please note: even if your virus (or malware) scanner reports nothing, that doesn't mean that your system isn't infected.

Regards, ULFL