Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: Ethereal crashes when Diameter spans multiple TCP packets

From: "Michael Kopp" <michael.kopp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:27:39 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

one more update on the diameter thing:

I stripped down the error, and it is/was related to our own AVP definition.

We use a AVP with
<avp name="Event-Timestamp" code="xx" mandatory="must">
	<type type-name="Time"/>
</avp>

If this AVP is present Ethereal crashes, if I change the AVP definition to
integer32 or unsigned32 everything works fine.

The strange thing , I change for testing some other AVP to type = Time , and
the value =3 gets decoded as seen in the attachment to a date in the future,
I would have expected to see 1 Jan 1970 00:00:03 ???

Somebody could have a look on, if this is a error in the Typedefinition of
"Time" somewhere in the diameter dissector? or is this then related to
libxml2 ???

Regards
Michael

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail