Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] loop back interface

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:32:01 +1100
Sarbeswar Mohapatra wrote:
Hi All,

I am using ethereal 0.10.7 in Windows XP Professional. When I click on capture, it brings up a window with all the interfaces. It does not show “lo” and “Any” interface, which I have seen before (not sure about the ethereal version) in some other machines.

Can any one tell me how can I have “lo” and “Any” interfaces and capture packets in those interfaces.

Because Windows does not support those concepts.

And you might consider fixing your system clock. It is a year slow.

                -- Dr. Who