Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] bug in dns interpretation

From: Paul Stewart <pestewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 20:30:11 -0500
I think I have found a bug in the way dns queries are interpreted.

I created two requests using the following dig commands
dig @192.168.1.1 www.domain.com +adflag
dig @192.168.1.1 www.domain.com +cdflag

The first request shows up properly with 0x0120 as the flags. However the center pane shows no no flag at all set when you expand the flag portion of the center pane.

The second request shows up properly with 0x0110 as the flags. This example incorectly identifies the Authenticate (AD) flag set. 0x0110 specifically |10| denotes the cd flag. 0x0120 (first request) denotes the AD flag.