Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ITU-T TCAP protocol, Application Context Name

From: Soi Hon Lo <wallylosh@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:42:28 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

The ethereal is a very good tool. It helps me a lot in my work.

I found a thing in the ITU-T TCAP decoding part. When decoding GSM MAP messages, the Application Context Name in the TCAP protocol is not decoded.

For example, the Application Context Name decoded by ethereal is:
  Application Context Name Tag: 0xa1
  Length: 0x09
  OID: 0.4.0.0.1.0.5.3

It would be good if the OID (Object Identity) could be decoded to
  locationInfoRetrievalContext-v3
or
  ccitt (0) identified-organization (4) etsi (0) mobileDomain (0)
  mobileDomainDefinitions (0) version1 (1)
  locInfoRetrieval(5) version3(3)

Thanks,

Wally Lo

Clause "ASN.1 Module for application-context-names" in 3GPP TS 29.002

IMPORTS
 gsm-NetworkId,
 ac-Id
FROM MobileDomainDefinitions {
   itu-t (0) identified-organization (4) etsi (0) mobileDomain (0)
   mobileDomainDefinitions (0) version1 (1)}
;
map-ac  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {gsm-NetworkId ac-Id}
locationInfoRetrievalContext-v3  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::=
 {map-ac locInfoRetrieval(5) version3(3)}

Do you Yahoo!?