Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] iSCSI decoding with header digests off in versions after 0.

From: Ming Zhang <mingz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:56:42 -0500
On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 23:50, ronnie sahlberg wrote:
> Good catch. thanks.
> The bug was introduced when i added automatic detection of whether
> header digest was used or not.   sorry about that.

no problem, i always introduce bugs together with features. :P

> I have just checked in a fix that calculates the pdu length correctly.
>
> A windows installer will be (hopefully) available within a few hours from
> http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/buildbot-builds/

thx.

> Use any version from 13193 or later.   13192 and earlier do not
> contain this fix.
>

> Would any of you guys want to add some iSCSI stuff to our WIKI ?
> wiki.ethereal.com
> We are sorely lacking both example capture files as well as a protocol
> description.
i can provide some interesting logs. :P i just finish a test that see a
10TB device via MS iSCSI ini. hope via linux soon. also some scsi cdrom
traffic traces.

for protocol description, hehe, many people are better than me on that.

in fact, what i want to do is to add more scsi commands support in
ethereal. for example, now i debug the >2Tb device support, the
read_capcacity_16 is unsupported. and many others. the only thing i lack
is the time. :P last july i am free, so i can improve the isns support a
little bit when i code my own isns client.

hehe, stop blah blah.

ming