Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Capturing packets addressed to loopback interface

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:30:20 -0800
Guy Harris wrote:

I think you can't add additional IP addresses to an interface that already has one IP address except by adding a new logical interface; if so, the Solaris libpcap code needs to handle logical interfaces by getting their IP address/netmask/etc. and adding those to the list of IP addresses for the "real" interface. I'll look at doing that.

Done.