Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 0.10.8 Windows ME msvcrt.dll problem

From: "Newton Ronald E." <rnewton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:29:42 -0500
Hello:

I see that I am experiencing a problem previously reported but not yet corrected.  An older version of Ethereal worked fine on my millenium system, but I decided to upgrade to 0.10.8  My msvcrt.dll is the latest that Microsoft offers. Ethereal when started causes an error in msvcrt.dll and terminates.

Q1:  Is the msvcrt.dll Ethereal uses or refers to in the window\system folder?
Q2:  Is it a Microsoft Visual C+ library dll?

In the windows\system folder if have version 6.10.8637.0 of msvcrt.  My Logitech mouse uses version 6.10.8924.0 msvcrt.dll in its folder Logitech.  I have 5 versions of msvcrt.dll on my system but only one version in the windows\system folder.  If possible, what version is recommended for Ethereal msvcrt.dll?

Thanks.

Ronald E. Newton
CNE MCP CCNA SCP