Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] capture using two serial ports for serial ppp

From: Frank v. Münchow-Pohl <FrankMuenchow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 23:33:04 +0100
Thank you for your interest!

>I'd have to see a pppdump file containing CCP traffic in order to see
>why it's not decoded.  (You mean "CCP traffic", not "traffic encoded
>with some other compression protocol, as specified in CCP traffic", right?)

Actually I meant the 0x00fd PPP compressed datagram traffic
negotiated by CCP, not the CCP packets itself (I was rather unprecise).
With Ethereal "internal" PPP capture (through WinPCap) ,
the PPP compressed datagrams will be completely decoded.

I attach a short dump with including PPP compression. It's from
a Microsoft PPP client and server connection (using Microsoft
PPC compression according to RFC2118).

Best regards

Frank