Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Capturing MSNMS packets

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:54:03 -0800
areftaidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Could you please tell me how I can set a capture filter for MSNMS protocol only?

Set a filter to capture traffic to and from the port MSNMS is using:

	tcp port 1863

or, on many platforms:

	tcp port msnp

Also is there a limit on how long a capture session can be left on without losing data? Can it be unlimited?

No, because no vendor has yet built a disk that has an unlimited capacity. :-)

The limit is the minimum of the amount of disk space you have available and, on most platforms, 2GB.