Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] File (jpg/gif) reassembly

From: "Bill Meier" <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 14:05:50 -0500
>ronnie sahlberg wrote:
>> No, that it can take a long time to build the tree is one thing,
>> but it is also causing the entire packetlist to be rescanned twice
>> when you select the packet.

Guy Harris wrote

>I'm not seeing that when I try it, although it is dissecting the packet
>*itself* twice when you click on it.

For what it's worth, while I was doing some debugging of a dissector I
noticed that if I 'down-arrow' into a packet (on the summary window) the
dissector gets called once while if I click on the packet the dissector
gets called twice. (I've no idea if this is the expected behaviour, but it
did seem curious).

Bill Meier