Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] SQL Slammer - How to identify

From: "Visser, Martin" <martin.visser@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:23:04 +1100
Title: SQL Slammer - How to identify
I don't haev network access as I speak but I think you will find that a Snort rule exists for this which would pinpoint signature of the attack. (FWIW Snort uses libpcap like Ethereal and can read the same tcpdump files, so you find it useful to use this if you want to identify threats on a longer term basis)

Regards, Martin

Martin Visser ,CISSP
Network and Security Consultant
Consulting & Integration
Technology Solutions Group - HP Services

3 Richardson Place
North Ryde, Sydney NSW 2113, Australia

Phone: +61-2-9022-1670
Mobile: +61-411-254-513