Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal Decode of Network Associats Flawed

Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:09:33 +0000
I am comparing a Network Associates/General sniffer capture side by side with the Ethereal version and the time Relative is off by a factor of approximately 2.83x.  In other words, when I have a delta time of .210 in Network General, I show a corresponding delta time of .074 in Ethereal.  Also, the General date is off by over 4 days.  I conducted a sniffer capture on 11/16 and Ethereal shows it as 11/12.  In addition, the sample that I described had an overall duration of approximately 4 minutes and Ethereal showed less than 2.

Could somebody explain what is wrong with the decoder and how it can be fixed.

Thanks,

Larry Adams
TheWitness (Cacti Developer)