Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] About Duplex Settings

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:40:02 +1100
netstat -e/-i  depending on platform.
if the counter for collissions is non-zero  then the nic is in half-duplex mode.
if the coutner is 0  and there is a lot of network activity  then it
is 99% probable that it is in full-duplex.

looking at a trace,   look at tcp  there it is easy,   if you get
massive packetloss and tcp retransmissions  but only in one single
direction (unidirectional packetloss)
then you might have a duplex mismatch somewhere (could be congestion also).

a duplex mismatch will show up as massive packetloss in one direction,
   in the direction from the fullduplex towards the halfduplex
interface on the link where the mismatch is.