Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] capturing a remote interface

From: Ian Schorr <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:37:42 -0500
It looks like you're running that command on the system you want to monitor? Or the system you're going to use to record packets?

You need to start rpcapd on the system(or systems) that you want to be able to record packets on from a remote system. It begins listening for another system to connect and start retrieving packets from it.

Then, in the system you want to run Ethereal on, capture from the remote system by using an adapter name of "rpcap://<ip address>/<adapter name>"

Ian