Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Concurrent Name Resolution

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 19:17:56 -0800
Ian Schorr wrote:
Yeah, that probably should be mentioned in the documentation somewhere. That's an option only available if using the ADNS library, which, if I'm not mistaken we only use on Windows.

No, we originally used it on UN*X, I think, and then bundled the Windows port of ADNS.

If Ethereal is built on a system with ADNS installed, the configure script will use it; I don't know whether any of the UN*X binary packages are built with ADNS support, but if you build from source it should use ADNS if present (if it's not in the usual places you might need a --with-adns option specifying where it's installed).