Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] can't get ethereal to see another nic in capture drop down

From: Ian Schorr <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 12:46:21 -0500
Actually, I guess my reply could be more helpful...

The interface thing that you asked about won't work, but if you set up rpcapd properly (the remote pcap daemon that comes with Winpcap now), you should be able to capture from the remote machine by specifying an adapter name of "rpcap://[hostname or ip]:[port]/[adaptername on remote system]".

This may or may not be the best solution for you, as it generates quite a bit of traffic itself.

See the WinPcap documentation for more details.

Ian