Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] exporting only certain fields

From: "Mark Gardinier" <Mark_Gardinier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:32:37 -0700
I'm new at using Ethereal.  Is there a way I can export only certain fields
of packets to a text file?  I'm capturing many different message types and
using a display filter to look at the 3 message types I am interested in.
Each of these 3 message types has a field named "key".  This field and the
time the message was captured are the only data I'm interested in saving to
a text file (for import to an analysis tool).  Is there a way to do this?
I can save the data using the Packet Format "as displayed" .  However, too
many extra fields are shown besides the key field making the resulting file
extremely large.

Thanks,

Mark Gardinier