Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] 10.5 build problem on linux

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:40:57 -0700 (PDT)
Oliveras, Michael said:
> I believe that on a cvs (svn) build you have to run ./autogen.sh first.

Correct.  The configure script, and Makefile.in files, were *NOT* checked
into CVS and are *NOT* checked into Subversion; only the files to generate
them are, and you have to run autogen.sh to generate them.

> This isn't neccessary when compiling an "official" build.

Correct.  The process of generating the source tarballs generates those
files and puts them into the tarball.