Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Promiscuous Mode - No Capture?

From: "Gregory M. Bednarski" <gbednars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:52:25 -0400
Using release 0.10.6 and WinPcap 3.1 beta 3 - everything is fine, but I can't capture in promiscuous mode.  Otherwise, I capture fine, but in promisc mode no packets seem to come through.

I'm under WinXP SP-2 using an Intel Wireless 2100B/PRO adaptor (built-in to IBM Thinkpad).

Everything used to work a while ago - was there some MS update that is disabling this?

Thanks - GMB